Monday, May 12, 2008

Writing at the end of the Day

Kamál (Perfection), 15 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Monday, May 12, 2008 about 6:25 PM PDT

It is nearing the end of a long and weary day. I say weary because I had a doctor's appointment at 3:00 PM. I arrived at 2:45 PM and filled out the paper work. Then I waited until the nurse called me into the examining room. Before going to the examining room, she took my weight.

In the examining room, the nurse took my blood pressure and temperature. Then I waited longer to see the doctor. I came away with two prescriptions and an appointment next Monday, May 19 for lab tests. For those I have to fast 12 hours before the test. I scheduled the tests for 8:00 AM Monday morning.

Today I took in the atmosphere of the clinic and the patients waiting to see the doctor. I did not take notes or read anything. I looking around the waiting room and the eximining room. I am not sure yet just what I am going to write about it. I have written several waiting room poems, but I have never written an examining room poem.

The interesting thing about the examining room was the magazine lying on the examine table or would it be called the examine bed. The magazine was a Harper's Bazaar about fall fashions. I am not sure of the year. The important information about the magazine is the topic (Fall Fashions) and this is spring going on summer. I glanced through the magazine and all the models looked like zombies, beautiful emotionless zombies. I think I will use that as the theme or the title of the poem.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9