Friday, May 09, 2008

I am Weary

Istiqlál (Independence), 12 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Friday, May 9, 2008 about 6:59 PM PDT

I am wear. It is nearing the end of a long day. This is spring and the days will continue to get longer. I would like to go to be, but it is still light outside and I do not have curtains or blinds at my bedroom window. There is no reason why I do not have curtains or blinds at that window.

I do not think the neighbors can see in because of the fence and the oleanders. The oleanders cover most of the window and hide what is going on inside the bedroom. Not that anything every goes on inside my bedroom, except sleep. That is when I can sleep.

I can sit at the computer and type a blog entry. Sometimes I almost fall asleep at the keyboard. However, when I get up to go to bed, I lay awake and listen to the noise that the Metro copter makes. I listen to the neighbor's dog bark, the dog does not bark loud and he or she does not keep me away. I listen to the noise my fridge makes in the night. It is strange the sounds one hears lying awake in the middle of the night.

The house makes strange sounds
in the middle of the night
when everyone is supposed to be asleep.

I can identify and explain all the sounds,
I wish I were a child again
listening to the sounds
and creating mythical creatures
to go with the sounds.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9