Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Some people still send cards through the U.S. Postal Service

‘Idál (Justice), 10 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, May 7, 2008 about 5:44 PM PDT

My mother received a Mothers' Day card today through snail mail. The card was from my brother and sister-in-law who live here in Las Vegas. Mom enjoyed the card and read it aloud to me. Mom uses a magnifying glass to read cards and letters because sometimes she cannot see the writing or the print.

I think it is wonderful that my brother and his wife sent a card through the postal system. I like to received cards myself that way. I know Mom always enjoys getting cards through the mail. Many people do not send cards through snail mail anymore they use e-mail. I use e-mail myself most of the time.

Many people do not write letters anymore either. There was a time when people wrote letters all the time and sent greeting cards through the mail. I wonder if we got back to writing letters and sending greeting cards through the postal service if the cost of postage would go down; I doubt it. Still it is nice to receive a card through the mail occasionally.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9