Monday, May 05, 2008

Mothers' Day Thoughts

Kamál (Perfection), 8 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Monday, May 5, 2008 about 7:08 PM PDT

I am still not sure what I am going to give my mother on Mothers' Day. Today we went to Blue Berry Hill and ate supper. She enjoyed that, she has also mentioned she would like a prime rib dinner. Since Mothers' Day is on Sunday, we will stay home so my siblings can call her. I am going to let them know what time the phone will be free.

This last year has been tough. In 2007, we did not celebrate Mothers' Day at all. In fact, I do not remember what we did on that Sunday, but I know we did not celebrate Mothers' Day. This year I would like to do something, but I have no idea what. I have asked Mom, but she does not have any suggestions. Maybe I will buy her a blank book so she can write about her childhood and youth.

Mom was born in 1921 on a farm in Oklahoma. She and my dad spent part of their early-married life in Las Vegas. Dad served at the Air Force Base at that time. I think Mom would like to write down her memories, so a blank book would be appropriate. Mom wants a copy of a prayer printed in large type so she can memorize it. I will print that out for her. Once I have done that, I need to get her a Mothers' Day card or create one for her.

I need write an inscription in the front of the blank book. Maybe a poem or a quote, then a dedication to her. I could write a thank you note to her as well. I wander how many people remember to thank their mothers on Mothers' Day.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9