Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Writing is a thankless job

Fidál (Grace), 9 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, May 6, 2008 about 6:29 PM PDT

Writing is a thankless job, but somebody has to do it. Sometimes it seems I am not getting anywhere. I write and write without ever knowing if someone reads what I write. Then unexpectedlyI receive a comment on something I have written. Someone reads a poem or a story or a blog entry and comments on it.

I get a comment and it gives me a boost. I get a positive or a negative comment and I realize someone is reading what I am writing. A comment encourages me to continue to write. The comments I have received are rare, but that does not matter. The realization that someone read what I wrote and took the time to comment encourages me.

Before I go any further, I want to thank those who have commented on my past writings. Sometimes I am remiss at sending thank you to those who comment. I am not sure why I do not say thank you. This is something I need to explore in my off line journal. Once I have figured out the reason then I can either blog about it or write a poem on the subject. In this entry, I want to admit that I am remiss in saying thank you and apologize to those who have commented and not received a thank you reply.

I will attempt to do better, of course. I am not sure how well I will succeed. Everyone attempts to do better when catching themselves in bad habits. Everyone attempts to do better, but not everyone succeeds. That is part of being human, but we have to continue to try to do better. We have to continue to try because sometimes a person succeeds in changing a bad habit into a good habit. We have to continue to try because that is part of being human.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9