Thursday, May 08, 2008

Brain Storming a Mothers' Day Poem

Istijlál (Majesty), 11 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Thursday, May 8, 2008 about 7:00 PM PDT

  • Mothers' Day is Sunday, May 11, 2008
  • My mother is 87 years old
  • My mother was born on a farm in Oklahoma
  • My mother lived and worked in Las Vegas during World War II
  • My mother worked as a food server all her life
  • My mother read to us when we were children
  • My mother raised us as a single mother after my parents divorced
  • My mother writes poetry
  • My mother likes to attend poetry readings
  • My mother was an only child
  • My mother had cousins who lived near her as a child
  • My mother enjoys cleaning house
  • My mother enjoys washing dishes
  • My mother likes to eat out
  • My mother gave birth to four children two boys and two girls
  • My mother likes to drink coffee
  • My mother has eight grandchildren
  • My mother has five great grandchildren
  • The doctor who delivered my mother did not expect her to survive
  • My mother likes roses
  • My mother had a dog named Tuffy

All of these are interesting facts about my mother, but none of them say specifically what I want the poem to contain. Mothers' Day is only a few days away, so I am going to have to figure out a poem or decide on something else. Perhaps a blank book so that she can write her memories in it would be best.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9