Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I need an office with a door

Fidál (Grace), 2 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, April 29, 2008 about 7:05 PM PDT

I need an office with a door. I want a private office with a door that I can shut. An office that I can go into and write without distractions. My computer is in the living room. My office is part of a shared living space. My desk is next to the living room window.

Having my computer and desk next to the picture window helps my muse. Having an office in a room shared with other is distracting. There are advantages and disadvantages to having an office in a room without a door. Sometimes it would be easier to write if I could go into a home-office and write without distraction.

Sometimes I just want to go into a room and shut the world out. Sometimes I want to shut the world out and write until I have written the subject out. Sometimes I want to work on a novel, short story, or poem without any distractions. Then sometimes I want to write with people around. Therefore, I need an office with a door that I can shut.

If I had a private home-office, I could go in and shut the door. When I wanted to be alone and write I could. When I wanted to be with other people and write I could. An office with door that I could shut and lock would give me that option. I do not have that option now.

Now the only time I can be alone and write is when everyone else in the house is asleep. There was a time when I could stay up all night, catch an hour or so of sleep and go to work. Now I need at least six hours of sleep and three or four cup of coffee to function at an acceptable level. When I do not get enough sleep at night, I fall asleep during the day.

I want a private home-office with a door that I can shut and lock. This way when I wanted to be alone and write, I could shut and lock the door. This way when I wanted to have someone else in the room I could leave the door unlocked and open. I think I just want the option to be alone with my thoughts and my writing.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9