Thursday, May 01, 2008

I bought coffee filters today

Istijlál (Majesty), 4 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Thursday, May 1, 2008 about 6:58 PM PDT

I ran out of coffee filters for my coffee maker on Tuesday. Wednesday I didn't make coffee because I didn't have cone coffee filters. Thursday I found coffee filters on the top shelf of a kitchen cupboard. They were not the cone filters, but they worked all right. I did not get too many grounds in the coffee. Not that having coffee grounds in my cup is going to stop me from drinking coffee.

I bought four packages of cone filters today. Each package says it has 40 filters in it. That will do me for a while. I bought the four packages because they were four for $5.00. I also bought a large can of coffee. I did not read the size of the can when I picked up the coffee. Lately with the price of gas and everything, I buy the biggest can of coffee for the least amount of money. I usually buy the store brand unless I have coupons for something else.

You would think that since I am a writer I would not run out of coffee or filters, but it happens. It has happened more in the past year then any time earlier. I have learned one thing from this experience. First, never presume I am out of coffee filters before looking in the top shelf of every cupboard in the kitchen. Second, just because the filter was made for a different type of coffee maker does not mean it cannot be used. Third, a few coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup does not hurt anyone.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9