Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Midweek Reflections April 30, 2008

‘Idál (Justice), 3 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, April 30, 2008 about 5:57 PM PDT

The last week in April passed quickly, with some interesting events occurring in my life. I wrote an article for the writing.com Fantasy Newsletter about Dark Fantasy. I think the newsletter arrives in member's e-mail boxes later today or early tomorrow.

Last night when I took the trash to the curb, I had an encounter with an extremely friendly dog. Between the neighbors across the street and me, we found an 800 number on his collar. Fortunatetly, the dog's owner was looking for him and I got the kids attention when he passed the corner. The dog got back to his owners safely.

We do not get many dogs running free in this neighborhood. Most of those that do get out accidently are friendly. That does not mean they will not hurt you, but they are not vicious. When dealing with them you have to be careful.

I think I will use the dog experience in a poem or short story. I am not sure how just yet, but it is something that would be interesting to speculate about; instead of a dog use a mythological creature of some type. That would make a good fantasy story; perhaps use a unicorn or a dragon instead of a dog. I would use a baby dragon in a story like that. An extremely friendly baby dragon running free in a town or neighborhood would make an interesting story. Make it a children's story so I could stretch my creativity.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9