Sunday, July 03, 2016

Holiday Depression

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July which is or used to be one of my favorite holidays. I'm not looking forward to it this year. I'm not sure what is causing the problem. It could be that I just do not find setting of fireworks fun. When I was a child, I enjoyed Fourth of July fireworks displays and parades. When Mom was alive I would stand outside with her while we watched the neighbors ignite both legal and illegal fireworks. After Mom died I watched the Fourth of July specials on television and enjoyed them. This year I'm not looking forward to the fireworks or the specials. 

I suppose it could be holiday depression, but I don't know why I'm experiencing it this early in the year. Usually the Holiday Blues hits me on Thanksgiving or around Christmas. Those are the days that the memories of childhood and my mother are the strongest. I could be depressed because of the weird weather this year. I will figure out  what is causing the problem.  Once I do that I will solive the problem. 

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9