Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tuesday Writing Thoughts: I Walk Therefore I Write

This morning I took a walk half-way down the block. I walked east from my apartment going toward Eastern Avenue. I walked down to the point across my old apartment building I lived in fifteen or twenty years ago. It is a two story apartment building painted puke green. The windows are boarded up and the court yard is mostly cement with a few dying weeds around the edge. There are also dying weeds in front of the building. 

That building is part of a two building complex. Each building is two stories high and both are painted the same color. That complex is obviously condemned. I want to use the complex or one of the buildings in a story, but I am not sure what kind of story. The courtyard would be a good setting for a mystery of some type. The apartments themselves might make a good place for squatters or a ghost story. I could also use my memory of the apartment Mom and I lived in for the setting of a story. However, I like the idea of using the complex as it is now for part of a plot. 

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9