Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Last Sunday in June 2016

It's the last Sunday in June 2016 with four days left in the month. I have completed 18 out of the 44 stories I committed to writing this year. If I reach 22 stories in July then I will have finished half the stories. I pray that I will complete four more stories by the end of July. 

The name of the next story is The Empty Chalice which is about a woman on a quest. I think I will open the story with her walking through a forest. That is a good way to begin a story, but I could just as easily begin with her walking through the streets of a modern city where she encounters a space-time portal that takes her to another dimension. Perhaps let the portal open onto a forest or a ruined city on another planet. 

I need to finish story 19 on or before July 1 that way I will only have three stories to worry about in July. I also want to write a poem about the 4th of July, but I'm not sure how to approach it. Do I want to describe a memory from my childhood? I have a lot of memories about celebrating Independence Day with my Grandma and Grandpa Newland in Blackwell, Oklahoma. Actually we very seldom celebrated the 4th in Blackwell. Usually we went to The Lake outside of Blackwell or to Lake Carl Blackwell several miles away in another county. I'll decide before Monday, July 4, what to write about. 

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9