Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thursday Thoughts: I Think I Have a Secret Admirer

I don't read my Horoscope much anymore. When I took the newspaper everyday the daily horoscope was the third item I read. I read the comics first followed by Dear Abby or Ann Landers depending on which local paper I subscribed to at the time. I know why I read the comics and Ann Landers, but I'm not sure why I read the horoscope because I didn't believe what it said. Perhaps I read it for the entertainment value. 

This afternoon I clicked on one of the online horoscope (I have the URL of this one in my favorites). According to this one I'm having an encounter with an affair of the heart, which I presume refers to a love interest or, at least, a physical relationship of some type. The only thing I can think of this referring to is a secret admirer because I don't have a love interest and I'm not looking for a relationship in that area. 

Maybe it's encouraging me to join a dating site. Every time I see an ad by one of the online dating sites, I contemplate joining it. If I did that I would have to figure out what kind of man I was looking for. I know I don't want the type I usually get involved with because they were losers. Once I figured out that all they wanted from me was someone to make them a living while they verbally abused me, I decided I was better off without a man in my life.  

I've been contented without a man in my life for sometime now. I've live a celibate life for several years and haven't encountered any bad side effects. I don't have dozens of cats or dogs, In fact, I don't own any cats or dogs. I enjoy writing, reading, and meditating. I'm also going to start taking long morning walks around my neighborhood. I will speak to the people, but I don't expect to meet any men I might be interested in. The walk is for exercise and not meeting me. If I wanted to meet men then I would go to the Senior Center and take an exercise class there. 

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9