Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Midweek Reflections on Summer Poetry

The writing.com newsletters arrived in my inbox this morning. The title of this week's edition of the poetry newsletter is "Summertime Celebrations with Poetry". In this newsletter the editor covered several different  poetry forms that can be used to write poems that celebrate events in a person's life. Covered in this newsletter were wedding or marriage poems that intended to be sung, which focus mainly on the bride and the groom. 

Also discussed in this newsletter was Joseph's Star and Music Poem. The Joseph's Star appears to be a good Father's Day poem, so I will discuss this poem on Sunday, June 12, which is Father's Day. I will write a poem about either my father or grandfather. Probably my grandfather because he is the father figure I grew up with. 

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9