Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thursday Writing Thoughts on Father's Day

Father's Day, Sunday, June 19, is a depressing day for me because both my Father and Grandfather passed on  several years ago. Both  of them died in the last century so the only things I have left are memories. I have more memories of my Grandfather then I do my Father. This is because my parents divorced when I was in grade school. After my parents divorce Grandpa Frank, my mother's father, became my Father Figure. 

My father died in 1996, but I didn't find out about  that until I did an internet search for him. I'm still depressed about not getting to say good-bye to him, who is buried in the cemetery in Lincoln, Kansas. I was able to say  good-bye to Grandpa Frank, who is buried in the cemetery in Blackwell, Oklahoma, alongside Grandma Mary.  I don't know where Grandpa John, my father's father, is buried because he died before I was born. 

I'll attempt to write a Father's Day poem to Grandpa John and my father. I have a picture of them taken sometime after 1921. The picture shows Dad sitting on a plow horse with his father standing beside him. I'll also write a Father's Day story or poem dedicated to Grandpa Frank. I've written sever dedicated to Grandpa Frank because he is my father figure. 

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9