Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday Thoughts: Another Beautiful Late Winter Day - A Poem

Another beautiful late winter day,
with a few scattered clouds
on a sunny afternoon.

I open my door
let the fresh air in
while I fix
chicken and apple soup.

It is an odd combination,
an adventurous combination,
a creative combination
that warms me up
and fills me up.

A beautiful late winter day
is not a day to worry
about bills,
about whether I will have electricity
or an internet connection next week.

It is a day
to eat soup,
listen to the birds sing,
heat water for tea,
and was my socks.

I look out my door
and see the shadow lengthen
toward evening,
so I will get out of my chair,
say my obligatory pray,
and get me another cup of soup.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9