Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday's Tip: Take a Meditation Break

After about writing between 1,000 to 2,000 words I want to stare at the screen without writing anything. When this happens my fingers type sentences that don't make any sense or I begin to misspell easy words. When this happens I know it is time to take a break. I turn off the computer, sit down on the love seat, cover my head up with a multicolored crochet throw, and meditate. When I meditate I either chant or repeat short prayers that I know by heart. If I am tired then sometimes I will doze off sitting on the love seat. Normally I just sit there for about five minutes before I get up to go back to the computer or do some housework.

Housework, especially washing dishes, is a good way to meditate because as I the dishes my mind tends to wander. If I have a chant or prayer to recite then my mind has something to focus on besides the dishes. Washing dishes by hand is one of the most boring task a person can perform. Despite the boredom I have gotten some good ideas for poems or stories while doing dishes or immediately following. I know this is probably not the prescribed method for meditation, but it works for me.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9