Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Wednesday Word: Night

Tonight I write about night. I write about the darkness as it spreads across the city and the streetlight come on one by one. I look out my open front door and see the darkness. I look out my window and see the apartment building across the street lit up. The lights only illuminate the front of the building or the upper floors. I cannot see any more then that because it is night.



I hear sirens. I cannot tell if they are police, fire department, or ambulance sirens. All sirens sound alike so if one does not see the vehicle with the sirens one cannot tell which emergency vehicle is speeding down the street. I reread that sentence. I know there must be a grammar error in it, but I am too tired to figure out what it is. I should not type when I cannot think straight, but I am composing this post anyway. My mind is tired while my body is not. Since I will not be able to sleep until later tonight, I type about night.



Night in the city is interesting. The noises arouse my curiosity, but it would be foolish to investigate because it is dangerous out there. Since I cannot identify some of the noises my imagination works overtime, which is good for a writer. I do not have to leave the house to find something to write about because my imagination can find plenty of stuff by just listening to the noises.



Maybe that is why I like the city at night. There are so many weird and unusual noises I would not hear in the country. Night in the country generates different noises then night in the city. I will post this and then I will close my door because it is night outside and it is time to close the door.


Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9