Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Tuesday's Tip: Free Write When You Cannot Think of a Subject

Question: What do you do when you cannot think of a subject?

Answer: Free write.

Step 1: Sit down at the computer.
Step 2: Open a document.
Step 3: Begin to write.

Example

I am sitting here at the computer screen wondering what to write. My muse seems to have take a short vacation. I do not know why my muse has left me. I do not know where my muse went. I have a word count goal to achieve therefore I have to write something. Maybe if I free write for a few minutes I can think of a topic.

I started to clean out the cabinets today. I have to rearrange them again. I have lived in this studio apartment for one year. This is the second time I have rearranged the cabinets. I hope this time I do it in such a way that I do not have to rearrange them again. I am going to move all the paper goods to the cabinets below the sink so that I can get to them without standing on a stool.

That is a short example of a free write. This time I did not sit a timer, but usually I use an oven timer. I do not know where my oven timer is. I know it is not in the kitchen because I avoid baking anything in the oven. Therefore, the timer must be on my desk somewhere. I need to clean off my desk so that I can find the timer.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9