Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sundry Sunday: On a Beautiful Sunday Morning in Las Vegas

On a beautiful Sunday morning in Las Vegas,
I am thinking about other things
besides writing.

I am thinking about making a bowl of Jell-O© with mixed fruit. I have one package of cherry or strawberry flavored Jell-O© gelatin mix on the shelf and one can of mixed fruit. After I mix the gelatin I will put it into hot tea glasses because it is easier to control the portions. If let it set in a large dish then I will eat it in a couple of days, but if I put it in smaller dishes then it will last five or six days.

On this beautiful Sunday afternoon in Las Vegas,
I am thinking about writing
a poem about food
and the taste of cold gelatin desert
on a hot summer afternoon.

I am thinking that even when I think about other things then writing I always get an idea for a story or poem. I cannot think about anything without finding an idea to write or blog about. Now I understand what Anais Nin meant when she said "If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write, because our culture has no use for it." 
 

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9