Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Midweek Reflections on Writing and Washing Dishes

I wash dishes by hand and tt is difficult to write while I am doing dishes. I get some of my best idea when I am up to my elbow in hot soapy water. I have to write the idea down, but it is also difficult to write with wet hands. If I use pen and paper then I get those items wet and it smears the ink. I cannot use a keyboard when my hands are wet because I will ruin the keyboard not to mention the possibility of electrocution.

I get an idea washing dishes, I dry my hands, pick up the pen, and then go to write it down. The idea slips my mind between the time I dry my hands and go to write it down., I need a voice activated tap recorder or a similar machine to record the idea without taking my hands out of the dishwater.

The idea is there
moving between braincells
until I want to write it.

Lost my train of thought
and that derailed my muse:
Where did the idea go.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9