Saturday, July 12, 2014

Multitasking: Writing and Cleaning Cabinets

I wish I could focus only on writing. I cannot because I have to wash and put away the dishes I had to take out of the cabinets when the exterminator came. I have the cabinets above the sink washed out and I started to put clean dishes away.

Waxing poetic
about cleaning cabinets
something Grandma did.

I am not an enthusiastic  about housework as Grandma Mary. If Grandma could not sleep, she would get up in the middle of the night to clean a speck of dust off a what-not-shelf. If I cannot sleep, I get up in the middle of the night, turn on the computers, and write.

Stood up ten minutes
finished washing out cupboards
before pain begin.

I know exercise is good for osteoarthritis. I know I should push myself, walk around or climb up on the step stool for longer then ten or fifteen minutes. However, I have the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday to finish washing and putting the dishes away. I am organizing the cabinets while I am putting stuff away.

Take a writing break
between housework episodes
makes it easier.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9