Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thankful Thursday: A Writer's Gratitude List Thursday July 10, 2014

It has taken me all day to figure out the things I am thankful for having or experiencing this week.

Today I am thankful...

01. ...for an uncluttered floor under my desk. I had to move everything under the desk so the exterminator could spray under there for roaches and spiders.

02. ...that I was able to purchase the July 2014 edition of Scientific American when I went to the Smith's Food & Drug Store on Wednesday, July 9.  There are two articles that caught my attention in this edition (1) "Gods of Blood & Stone" by Erik Vance and (2) "Giant Bubbles of t he Milky Way" by Douglas Finkbeiner, Meng Su, and Dmitry Maqlyshev. I have begun reading the first article and it is fascinating.

03. ...that I received my free modem upgrade and battery from Cox Communications today. I called the local tech line yesterday to find out about those items. I did not expect to receive them until Saturday; however, they came today which means I can assemble the items on Friday morning when I am fully awake.

04. ...that I found a bright shiny penny on the floor this morning when I was sweeping under my desk. The date on the penny is 2012, the year my mother passed away; it is a Penny From Heaven, a gift from my mother whose soul is in paradise.

05. ...that I had to take all the dishes out of the cupboards so that the exterminator could spray for bugs. Now when I wash them, I can give the ones away I have no use for which will leave me more room for paper towels, toilet paper, and other bulk items.

06. ...for the rain we have received in Las Vegas and Southern Nevada over the last few days. Because it has made the afternoons pleasant and not as hot as normal.

07. ...for the sugar cookie I received on Wednesday when I picked up my Senior Food Commodities for July. I ate the cookie for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee.

08. ...that I still have some grapes left to eat because they make a good snack in the evening when I do not want to eat anything heavy.

09. ...that I can a can of chicken in water, carrots, and turkey gravy that I could open for lunch and dinner because I did not have to cook the chicken or white fish I have in the freezer.

10. ...that I have ten items on this list because not I have subjects and themes for poems and short stories,.




Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9