Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Reading about Chocolate Before Breakfast

I found the beginning of another essay that I began in 2002 or 2003 titled Yearning. I know a little more about the inspiration for this essay because I have two lists of words that I needed to use in the finished essay.

Word Lists

Chocolate: chocolate; brown; coffee; tan; russet; brunette, auburn.
Yearning: desire, longing, yen, hunger, thirst, ache, craving, nostalgia.

Yearning:
The Essay

"The yearning for you still wakes me up in the middle of the night starving for your aroma. I cannot live without the sweetness of your flavor. So I go through the day sleeping beauty waiting for your kiss to awaken me; a zombie waiting for your scent to command me. There is nothing or no one else like you in this world. Where are you my beloved? Answer me chocolate!"

After I finished that paragraph, I started a poem on the same subject. I think I will combine the two into into a prose poem. I also have to make sure the rewrite contains the words; maybe I will write a short story instead of an essay or prose poem.

Yearning:
The Poem

The thought of you
wakes me in the middle of the night
starving for your aroma.

I can't live live
without the sweetness of your savor,
without the taste of you on my tongue.

I go through the day
sleeping beauty
waiting for your kiss to rouse me.

All this reading and writing about chocolate before breakfast has made me hunger. Therefore, I think I will post it and then fix an egg or something else to eat.


Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9