Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Matters: There's a Supermoon rising

What current event or topic inspired or influenced my writing? The supermoon (perigee moon) of Saturday, July 12. I did not witness the rising of July's Super Full Buck Moon, but its appearance influenced my writing. After reading the July 12, 2014, story by Charles Poladian, I made an entry in my writing.com blog concerning the moon. I wrote a poem called There's a Supermoon Rising, but I on changing the title of that to Supermoon. Perigee Moon, or Perigee-Syzygy when I rewrite it. I also used the supermoon as the topic for my upcoming edition of the writing.com fantasy newsletter.

There are two more supermoons coming up in 2014. The next occurs on August 10 when The Full Sturgeon Moon rises. I want to make a point of seeing that one, even if I have to stay up later then normal. The third supermoon is on September 9 when The Full Corn Moon makes its appearance. Witnessing the rising of both of those supermoons should inspire more poems or a story.



Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9