Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Beautiful Summer Day

It's a beautiful summer day, not too hot and not windy. The sky is decorated with a few fluffy white clouds and I have laundry on the line. I enjoy hanging out cloths on days like this. The cloths dry quickly, which means I can get two or three load done.

There are disadvantages to hanging cloths on the line. The main disadvantage is wrinkles; you have to iron the cloths after you bring them in the house. I have to get a new iron because the old one doesn't work properly. It's a steam iron anyway and my mother doesn't care for steam irons. Actually, my mother is the one that irons the cloths, she enjoys it and it gives her something to do.

I haven't written a poem about my mother ironing cloths. Ironing cloths is a good subject for a poem. A poem about my mother ironing cloths would be a good addition to the group of poems I have about my family.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9