Sunday, June 21, 2009

An irritating few days

The last few days were irritating, I think because I wasn't feeling good. However, I'm feeling better today. I'm not sure why I was feeling bad, not exactly ill, and I'm not sure why I'm feeling better.

I started a poem yesterday, which I wanted to post to this blog. I haven't finished the poem yet, but I'm going to put the part of it I have in this entry.

Write about an island.
Daily writing practice prompt for Tuesday, June 16, 2009 was “Write about an island.”

Earth is an island
floating in the light
rotating from day to night

Earth is an island
revolving through time.
I'm going to have to finish the poem just not today. The problem is that I can't seem to find a rhyme for island or time that doesn't sound forced. That's the problem with writing rhymed poetry, sometimes finding a rhyming word that sounds as if it is natural to the poem is difficult.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9