Monday, June 22, 2009

Write about a letter.

Daily Writing Practice prompt for Monday, June 22, 2009: Write about a letter.

I think I'll write about the letter I never received. I'm 62 years old and I have never received a love letter. Not only have I never received a love letter, but when I was in Junior High (Middle School) and High School I never received a love note.

I'm not sure whether I missed anything or not. The truth is that I'm not sure how I would respond to a love letter or a love note. I think it's better to let someone know how you feel about them through actions rather then the written word. I know that doesn't sound like a writer, but that's how I feel.

Telling someone face-to-face that you care is one thing; however, writing a letter is completely different. If I'm going to tell someone how I feel, I would rather write it in a poem then in a letter. As I was saying, I've never received a love letter. I've been in love or at least I thought I was in love, but I never received a love letter.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9