Saturday, June 27, 2009

I saw a Mourning dove today

I saw a mourning dove today; he was walking on top of my garage roof. Now the pine tree is gone, it is easy to see birds or cats walking on the roof of the garage. I have not see a cat walking on that roof in a while, but there is a neighborhood cat that jumps onto the roof from the stone walls between my yard and the neighbor yards.

The cat that walks on the roof is too well fed to endanger any bird in the neighborhood. I am not sure she would know what to do with a bird if she accidentally caught one. It would be an accident if she did catch a bird. To begin with, she does not even attempt to chase them when she does see birds walking on the ground in front of her.

I have not included that cat in a story or poem. This is unusual because I usually include every cat I have ever had or encountered in a poem. I think it is about time I included her, she is a beautiful cat mostly black with a few orange and white spots decorating her fur. That is why I think the cat is a female. Cats with more then one color in their fur are usually female and yellow cats are usually male.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9