Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Father like jelly on his hot cakes

I remember watching my father eat hot cakes,
it was on a Sunday morning
right before he sit me on his lap
to read the Comics to me.

Daddy always read the Comics to me
on Sunday morning,
he would put me on his lap after breakfast,
Mom would pour him a cup of coffee
and he would read the comics to me.

I remember watching Daddy put jelly on his hot cakes;
he spread the jelly
(I think it was apple jelly)
on each hot cake
one at a time
restacking the hot cakes as he went.

After spreading the jelly
and putting the stack back together
he would cut the cakes,
he would eat them slowly
chewing carefully.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9