Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Veterans Memorial Highway

I went to Searchlight, Nevada, today. I drove my sister's truck back to Searchlight, someone else drove my car there and I drove back. A section of the highway (I think it is Interstate 95) before reaching Searchlight that is designated Veterans Memorial Highway.

Each section of that stretch of highway is dedicated to the veterans of a different war. The highway is dedicated to the veterans of World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War and the Persian Gull War. I did not have a camera with me or I would have stopped and taken pictures of the signs.

The drive to Searchlight, which is about an hour or so from Las Vegas, is interesting. It is a pleasant drive with mountains and desert plants. There is a solar power plant and a road called Grandpas Road. To get to Searchlight you take 95 toward Boulder City, but make a right on at the Searchlight, Needles exit.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9