Wednesday, September 12, 2007

National Novel Writing Month

6 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Wednesday, September 12, 2007 about 8:20 PM PDT

The countdown has begun to NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. October 1 begins the sign up for NaNoWriMo which occurs in November. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. It is possible, I know because I did it in 2005. I didn't in 2006, actually I didn't get any words written in 2006. All I remember about the novel was that it was a fantasy novel.

I'm signing up again this year, but I'm taking a different approach than the one I took in 2005 and 2006. In 2005 I wrote a 50,000 plus Science Fiction novel without planning. That was a big mistake now I have massive editing and rewriting to do. Of course, in 2005 I was dealing with a bout of insomnia, which I didn't have in 2006 so that may have contributed to the success.

This year I've signed up for the NaNoWriMists group on writing.com. Everyone in that group is writing a novel in November. I joined the group because I think the encouragement will help me complete the task. I'm not dealing with insomnia right now, but November is about a month and a half away.

I'll plan the novel in October, I do have an idea and a working title. I always give all my stories, poems and other creative efforts working titles. It helps me find the files after I've saved them. The working title is usually something that suggest what the piece is about, but doesn't give away the theme, subject or plot.

I'm looking forward to NaNoWriMo. I'd encourage anyone who ever wanted to write a novel to attempt in in November. To find out more about NaNoWriMo click on the title of this entry and it will take you to the web site.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9