Wednesday, September 05, 2007

An interesting experience making coffee

I had an interesting experience making coffee this morning. We have two coffee pots, one is the drip type and the other a percolator. I've used the percolator for the past month or so because I'm out of filters for the drip machine. This morning I put the water in, then I put the basket in and filled it with coffee. Instead of putting to top on the basket, which is necessary if you don't want a lot of grounds in your coffee, I put the lid on the pot and plugged it in. When I went to pour a cup I found out my mistake.

I didn't dump the coffee out, that would be a waste besides I don't mind grounds in my coffee. I learned to drink coffee from my grandfather, so a few grounds in the cup is natural for me. I'll warm the coffee from the first batch over in the microwave later this evening or tomorrow evening. I make a second pot today the proper way. This is the first time I've pulled this little trick. I guess I need to be more aware when I'm making coffee.

The most interesting thing about the incident, I didn't obsess over the mistake. This is a milestone, I'm starting to let go of the little things. Now if I could only manage to work out a schedule for housework.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9