Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy 7th Birthday Writing.com

14 Asma 164 B.E. - September 2, 2007 about 6:30 PM PDT



This month writing.com is seven years old. I've been a member myself since October 2002. As a member of writing.com I've learned a lot about writing. My poetry and every other form of writing I do has improved. Membership in this writing community has given me the courage to submit my writing to different magazine and websites. I'm working on several different projects at the moment.



One of the projects I'm working on is a chapbook of my mystic poems called History of the Divine Feminine. The other is a book of flash fiction stories called Flashes of Lightning. Flashes of Lightning is composed of stories, 300 words or less, that I've submitted to the Daily Flash Fiction contest. This book isn't completed yet, but it will be sometime in 2008. I don't submit a story to that contest on a daily basis, but I do submit regularly.



An interesting feature about writing.com is the reviews. All the member are encouraged to review the writings of others on the site. The wonderful thing about this is that your stories, poems, or novels can be reviewed by both published and non-published authors. You get well round reviews in most cases. The majority of the reviews I've received were encouraging and helpful. Another interesting feature about writing.com is its content rating. The ratings begin with E for everybody and raise from there.



There are several levels of membership. You can get a free membership which allows about 10 pieces of writing in ones portfolio. Right now my membership level is upgraded, this allows 250 items in the portfolio. However, I'm going to raise my membership to premium level so that I can put more stories, poems, and novels in my portfolio. My handle on writing. com is Prosperous Snow. My blog, which is the second blog I've had on the site, is called Snow Melt. You can access my blog, which is rated 18+, at http://www.Writing.Com/authors/nfdabe/blog
and my portfolio at http://Writing.Com/authors/nfdarbe. If you want to access writing.com's website click on the title of this entry.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9