Sunday, September 09, 2007

An Interesting Thought About Faith and Darkness

2 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Sunday, September 9, 2007 about 2:53 PM PDT

I had an intriguing thought while making today's entry in my Gratitude Journal. Before I state the thought perhaps I need to give a little back ground. It's been a tough couple of days, a couple of dark days. The darkness of my present situation seems deeper, I feel like I'm in deep space surrounded by a dark nebula. No matter what direction I turn, I can't see light. This started Saturday, perhaps because I'm two days behind on everything, but I don't see how that could effect (or is it affect, I always have problems between those two words).

Now to today's Gratitude Journal entry: "Today I am thankful for the darkness that surrounds and hides the light from me because without light I must see through the eyes of faith. Faith sees without light and breaths without air. The only way to learn to walk by faith is in the darkness. This darkness will eventually pass. Rather than looking at the darkness, I must look for the light."

I'm a little better, things don't seem as hopeless. I can see a glimmer of light on the far horizon. A flicker of a distant candle shining in the darkness. Perhaps its just the eyes of faith that sees the distant light, but the light appears real. It seems to come a bit closer the more I focus on it.

Maybe I take the changes and chances of life too personally. Tests and difficulties are a part of material existence. The more I complain, the more difficult a situation becomes. The more I complain the deeper the darkness appears. Another interesting thought about darkness: The depth of the darkness foretells the brightness of the light. This entry is getting interesting, perhaps I should write a poem about both light and darkness, as well as faith and darkness. I'll have to think about that.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9