Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Male Pattern Poems


10 Asma 164 B.E. - August 29, 2007 about 2:55 PM PDT

I know I was supposed to write this yesterday after I got home from the poetry reading. However, when I arrived at the house I was just too tired to do anything but go to bed.

There were 11 men, of various ages, reading last night. They read everything from zombie poems to love poems. There was even a poems about PEEPS. I have written a poem about PEEPS yet, although I think I did write a zombie poem. I'll have to find it.

This was the 9th annual men's poetry night. This year it was held at the reJAVAnate, 3300 E. Flamingo Rd. This is a nice coffee house to go to, they have entertainment almost every night of the week. There are two poetry readings a week. One reading is on Tuesday and the other is on Sunday, I believe they both start at 7:00 pm. Any one who comes to Vegas ought to visit the reJAVAnate. It's a nice place with a lot of atmosphere and good coffee.

Up coming poetry reading in September are two themed open mics on Tuesday night and women's night. On Sept. 4 is the Labor Day Open Mic, although it has a theme any one can read any poem they like. On Sept. 11 is Remembering Sept. 11, 2001 open mic. Then on Sept. 18 (I think that's the day) is women's night.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9