Friday, August 31, 2007

Changing the Message on My Answering Machine

13 Asma 164 B.E. - August 31, 2007 about 10:15 PM PDT

I'm going to change the message on my answering machine. The one on there now is getting rather old and I want something a little more creative. I'm not sure what I'm going to put on there yet. I thought of a couple of different messages, two of them I used before, but it's been several years.

These I've used before (1) "You have reached [phone number], we are out hunting rainbows. When we've bagged our limit we will return your call." (2) "You have reached [phone number]. We are either in the green room or the pink room and cannot come to the phone right now. Please leave a message and we'll get back to you when we get out."

The one I like best at the moment is a poem

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you don't leave a message,
We can't get back to you."

On the other hand I could always say

"I'm creating a homemade post card to send to PostSecret, please leave a message and when I've mailed the card I'll get back to you."

Then again I can be completely honest and say

"I have a carry around phone. I've either laid the phone down and put something on top of it or I've left it out of it's port too long and the battery is dead. I'll get back to you as soon as I find the phone or it's battery has charged."
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9