Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Rain and Other Subjects

9 Asma 164 B.E. - August 28, 2007 about 4:20 PM PDT

It rained here either late Sunday night or early Monday morning. I'm not sure which day, all I know is that when I woke up Monday and looked out there were puddles of water in my driveway. Monday I took Mom up to Quest to get a blood test. She enjoyed riding in that car because it was so cool.

It apparently rained worse in some sections of town, which isn't unusual. There was flood damage. I have to start looking at the news of a morning to see what happen in this town the night before. I usually get my national news off the internet, so the only reason to look at the news in the morning is for local stories.

Today I took Mom to see her doctor. I'm going to have to take her next Monday for another blood test. The Quest location I go to is open 24/7 so a holiday doesn't effect getting the blood test. Driving home the clouds looked like it might rain again, but it hasn't yet. I'm going to a poetry reading tonight. Tonight is men's poetry night, the name of the reading is Male Pattern Poems. That is the name I suggested for the reading and it was chosen.

I'm going to enjoy this reading, even though I'm not reading. It's been along time since Mom and I attended a poetry reading. I have a tank full of gas so I don't have to worry about getting back home. There are other things I have to worry about, but I'm not going to worry about it tonight. Going to a poetry reading once a week is one of items on my 101 things in 1001 Days lists. After I get back from the reading I'll make another entry in this blog.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9