Sunday, February 07, 2016

Sunday Morning Writing in Las Vegas

It's Sunday morning in Las Vegas. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the neighbors are outside doing whatever it is the doing. The sounds I hear suggest that they are happy and I suspect it's the nice weather making them happy. I suppose I should get up and go outside this afternoon. It might brighten my muse and give me something to write about.


Sunday writing
I have nothing planned
except to finish a short story.

This is the first day since Thursday that I felt like venturing out of the house. It's take me half a day to wake up and smell the coffee. We don't have any roses growing in this neighborhood so I can't wake up and smell the roses. I limited myself to one carafe of coffee today because when I woke up I didn't feel like drinking any more then that. I think the rest of the day I will drink water and juice. I need to drink more water anyway.

Water, Cool Water
brings back memories
of my grandparents.

Cool water sounds like a good title for a story. I remember one of Grandpa Frank's favorite songs was titled Cool Water. I'll have to check on YouTube to see if I can find it. I think I'll listen to it while I write a short story next week. I'm supposed to be writing forty-four short stories this year. When I finish the one today I only have forty-two short stories remaining.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9