Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Midweek Reflections on Writing, Sleeping, and Cellphones

Weariness sets in
Eyes attempt to stay open
I yawn stretch and yawn

It's difficult to write when I'm sleepy. The problem is that if I lay then then I'll be wide awake. I'm tired because I didn't sleep well last night and then didn't eat a proper breakfast before I left the house this morning. I didn't get enough sleep because my cellphone got turned off somehow and I couldn't get it turned back on.

No comforting phone
clutched in my right hand last night
so I couldn't sleep.

That probably wasn't the reason I couldn't sleep because I normally don't sleep well at night anyway. However, the idea does make a good poem. Right now I would like to turn the computer off and take a nap; at least I would If I could fall asleep when I sit down on the couch or laid down in my bed. I could probably sleep if I turned on the television, but I don't want to do that until I've finished some of my writing projects today.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9