Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Groundhog Day 2016: Did Punxsutawney Phil See His Shadow?

Did Punxsutawney Phil See His Shadow? The answer is no, Phil did not see his shadow. According to myth or legend this means an early spring. I hope Phil is right because I sick of winter's chill seeping into my bones I am sick of having to wear four or five layers of clothing in a futile attempt to keep warm. I want to hear a robin sing; don't get me wrong, I like the songs of winter birds, but the birds don't sing if its too cold for them to fly out of their nest to look for food.


Weary of winter
I am tired of the cold wind
Want an early spring

Is Punxsutawney Phil right? Yes, at least according to a repetition of groundhogs. In this case three other groundhogs agree with Phil's prediction. Those groundhogs are Shubenacadie Sam, in Canada, Staten Island Chuck, from New York, and General Beau Lee, in Georgia. I presume that means the prediction of an early spring is official.The

The groundhogs agree
It's an early spring we will see
The birds sing with glee.
 

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9