Monday, November 02, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015 Day 1 Update

November 1, the first day of National Novel Writing Month, got off to a good start. I finished the synopsis and the first chapter of my novel, Star Orphan. I exceeded the word count goal by 64 words. I decided to do something different with the synopsis this year. Instead of writing two or three paragraph telling about the novel, I wrote a poem from the point of view of the main character. The poem gave the basics every good synopsis should have without being boring to write.

I realized, as I was writing the synopsis, I sometimes get bored and find writing the synopsis difficult. I do not find writing poetry difficult. The synopsis tells about the main female character who is the commander of a small star ship. The name of the star ship is Star Orphan, but this term also applies to the main character. The poem also sits up the plot of the story.

Today I need to work on chapter two. Instead of going forward in chronological order I am going to make a time jump. I will go back in time to write about the protagonist's parents. I need to show what happened to Salena's (my main character) parents before her birth because that plays into the plot of the story.

I am not worried about writing chapters out of order because I still have to edit the novel after it is finished. When I first started participating in NaNoWriMo I worried about little things like that, but not any more. In fact, there are a lot of things I do not worry about until the time comes to edit the novel. Editing is when I need to worry about the novel making sense and which chapters are best to start the book.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9