Monday, October 26, 2015

6 Days to NaNoWriMo

November, National Novel Writing Month, is six days away. This morning I realized that I need to sit a tighter writing schedule to accomplish the NaNoWriMo word count goal in thirty days. Fifteen minutes is the minimum amount of time I need to spend writing each day. I suspect I will need to set aside more time in order to accomplish the minimum word count goal of 1,667 words per day.

Considering the way I have written lately I am adding another fifteen to twenty minutes to that time. I also need to take interruptions into that time; therefore, I am setting aside one hour each day to work on my 2015 NaNoWriMo novel. I intend to break this one hour up into fifteen or twenty minute writing sessions to give myself some time to think about what comes next. It is possible I will write for longer or shorter periods at a time. I usually write for ten or fifteen minutes at a time before I have to get up from the computer for something.

The next thing I need to decide is when to work on the novel. I think sit aside thirty minutes in the morning and thirty minutes in the evening. I may change that in November after I get into the writing process; however, right now that is my NaNoWriMo plan.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9