Sunday, October 18, 2015

Writing about Falling Down and Getting Back Up

“Falling down is part of life. Getting back up is living.”
—Unknown

I have fallen down many times in my 68 years on this planet. I have always gotten back up and pushed forward. Sometimes it took me a few minutes to get up. Sometimes I needed help getting up. However, I always got up and moved forward even if that moving forward meant changing the direction I was traveling.

Now I am incorporating those falls and risings in my poems and stories. I have a lot of experience and wisdom to share with younger folks. I know that they will not always listens because the youth and young people of today have to make their own mistakes. The only way we humans learn is by making mistakes, by falling down, and by getting up again. This does not mean that I cannot share my wisdom when asked directly or by writing it into stories and poems.

We senior citizens of today have a duty to leave our wisdom behind. At death our souls and bodies separate; our bodies go into the ground and our souls ascend into the next world. The only thing we leave behind is our written wisdom. Even if we incorporate that wisdom into fiction or poetry it still remains behind for the youth of today and tomorrow to read.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9