Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday's Rant: Why I like Driving in Las Vegas

Las Vegas is a wonderful city to live in because it has the best and the worst drivers in the world. The reason for this is that drivers from all over Earth come to Las Vegas either to live or to visit. They bring their good and bad driving habits with them. This makes driving from one end of the city to the other an adventure. In fact, even driving in my own neighborhood is an adventure.

I went to the supermarket about 9:00 am to pick up my thyroid prescription. The supermarket I go to is on the corner of Maryland Parkway and Sahara Avenue. I live on Sunrise and Twenty-first, so I have a distance to drive through morning traffic. The traffic was mild and, most of the drivers, were awake. I got to the store safely and purchased my meds plus a few other items.

Coming home, I decided to turn on one of the residential streets that takes me from Sahara to Charleston without encountering more then a couple of four way stop signs. I came to the first four way stop and came to a complete halt. Not so the driver coming from the right of me. He (yes I am sure it was a male driver) paused without coming to a complete stop. Fortunately, I do not take my food off the break until I look in both directions and my rear view mirror (I have driven in Las Vegas over twenty years so I know to be overly cautious when I am at a four way stop sign).

Stop signs are periods
not commas;
you are supposed to come to a complete stop
not simply pause.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9