Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday Speculations: Contemplating a Short Story Plot

A new week has begun and I have a couple of things to finish before Friday, July 31. One of them is a science fiction story with the working title of The Search for Intelligent Life. I am not happy with that title, but it does suggest the plot of the story. The story must be over 1,000 words and I have written over 500 all ready.

In the second half of the story the main character is transported to a planet that does not appear to have intelligent life on it. In this case appearances are deceiving. I have to figure out a way for the main character to discover the intelligence that is on the planet. I think I will have her ship's Artificial Intelligent unit transport her to a beach located on the edge of an inland ocean or fresh lake. On the land side of the beach is a jungle.

The problem I am encountering is the descriptions. In the first half of the story she, the main character, had a conversation with the ship's AI unit about the lack of evidence of intelligent life on the planet. I need to figure out how she discovers the sentient (intelligent) creatures. I also have to decide on a title for the story. I do not like the working title, the only reason I used it was to keep me focused on the plot.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9