Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Speculations: Excessive Heat Warning

Excessive heat warning
Sunday and Monday

I plan to get a lot of writing and housework accomplished because of the excessive heat warning. Since my car does not have a working air conditioner I intend to remain inside my cool apartment. I may not be able to do this because no matter what I plan something always or rather almost always comes up to change those plans. However, this week I will do my best to remain indoors.

When I was younger (under 65) the heat did not bother me. It did not matter that my car's air conditioner was broken. However, that all changed when I turned 66. I am not sure whether the change had to do with my age health conditions or the increase in summer temperatures in the Las Vegas area. Whatever the cause I summer without an air conditioner is difficult to deal with. This is why I try to stay in during the day.

Evening temperatures are a little easier to handle. Most of the time I do not have a problem in the evening. True I drive with at least one window down, which sometimes helps deal with the hear. This year I have started putting bottles of water in the freezer so that I have something to take with me when I go out.

Severe weather alert
Another excessive heat warning
Temperatures rise past 110 degrees

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9