Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday Word: Sunset

It is past sunset here in Las Vegas. I listen to the evening noises echoing from next door or from the street outside my house. This evening I hear children laughing, shouting, playing, and making other types of joyful noises. The days are growing longer and the nights shorter. This means daylight savings time, spring flowers, and birds singing.

Late winter sunset
the mountains embraced by light
city never sleeps.

It is after sunset in Las Vegas, I feel the late winter chill penetrate my body and send shivers up my spine. It is not cold, but my aged body feel the chill. My fingers ache and my knees hurt. I get up, put on another sweater and then sit back down at the computer. I stare at what I have written and I smile. I smile because I know that the winter will soon pass. I know that spring will come at last.

The late winter chill
brings back memories of childhood
and hot chocolate.

I do not drink hot chocolate any more because the milk and the chocolate contain too much potassium. Sometimes after sunset I make hot water so t hat I can drink a cup of English black tea. I do not put sugar in my tea; however, sometimes I put peppermint candy canes in the tea and watch the candy cane melt. This morning, when I went after some food, I received some candy canes so tomorrow evening I will make hot tea and have a candy cane with it.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9