Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Speculations: Procrastination

I have a lot of writing to finish today. I am not sure I will finish before midnight Pacific Standard Time, but it is my own fault. My biggest problem is procrastination. I put off projects until the last minute, which means I have to hurry to meet the deadline. I encounter this problem all the time and I am getting tired of having to rush through a project I know I should have worked over the past week or so. I have to change the way I do things because the stress is getting to me.

That written, I now have to focus on completing the three items that are due today and the one that is due on Monday morning at 9:00 am PST. I know I will not have time in the morning to complete it before the deadline because I have an 8:00 am appointment. That will take at least two hours and probably more. This means I have four projects to complete today. It also means I cannot ignore the alarm on Monday morning the way I normally do.

I think the biggest irritation is the fact that it is my own fault. I have no one else to blame except myself. One way to stop the procrastination is to make a prioritized list with deadlines for when the entire project must be completed. Another way to complete a project is to schedule the stops I have to take toward the completed project. I will try both of those methods this week. I can put the steps on each day's prioritized list and check them off as I complete them.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9