Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday's Tip: Use Unusual Experiences as prompt for writing.

1. When you go to the supermarket be sure to remember where you parked your car. If you do lose your car then use the experience in a story.

2. If you cannot think of anything to write make yourself a nice hot cup of tea and write a poem about it. I prefer English black tea myself, but I know that some people like Earl Gray tea.

3. I just made myself a cup of English black tea and the poured a packet of instant spiced cider into the hot tea. I like the spiced cider better with the tea then I do by itself.

4. This morning the weather was cloudy, but it cleared in the afternoon so that I could go to the grocery store. I lost my car in the parking lot. OK, I did not lose the car, rather I forgot where I parked it. The experience reminded me of a Grand Uncle Charlie and the way he found his car when he lost it.

5. I purchased about a pound of fresh okra today when I went to the store. I liked the way Grandma Mary fixed okra when I was a child because she cut it up and fried it. I do not eat much fried foods, so I think I will use the okra in stew, but this time I will write down the recipe.

6. I normally do not write down recipes because I do not follow a recipe in a book. When I cook I start mixing things together that I think would taste good. I am seldom wrong about the mixtures. The problem is that I am so busy cooking that I do not keep a list of the ingredients.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9